Beta Marine, Beta 16, 2 cylinder, naturally aspirated, diesel propulsion engine developing 16 bhp at 3,600 rpm with a swept volume of 599 cc's.
The engine is supplied complete with a heat exchanger and header tank, water cooled exhaust manifold, fresh and sea water pumps, cast injection bend, mechanical fuel lift pump, fuel and oil filters, heavy duty bearers, sump pump, flywheel with heavy inertia ring for super smooth running at low rpm, flywheel housing, special quiet air intake filter, 12 volt starter, 40 amp battery charging alternator, shutdown solenoid energised to stop, control panel "ABV"; a 3m interconnection cable with multi pin plug and sockets to engine harness.
Includes Gearbox with nominal 2:1 reduction, heavy duty engine feet with flexible mountings, flexible coupling disc on gearbox, "Morse" type end fittings for speed and gear control, engine test certificate, operators manual. Red paint and packed on skid base with a 3 year "Self Service" warranty.
- Combined heat exchanger and water cooled exhaust manifold for reliability with cupro-nickel tube stack, phosphor bronze end caps and sacrificial anode.
- Gear driven camshaft and sea water pump.
- Three vortex combustion system for quiet running, low emissions and excellent fuel consumption.
- Emission compliant in all countries.
- Installation angles up to 15° maximum when static, and 25° when heeling.
- Technodrive or PRM gearboxes. Output rotation is clockwise in ahead viewed from gearbox end.
- Heavy duty power take off to drive auxiliary equipment.